New Health Checks within Adaptiva’s Client Health™ Automatically Detect, Identify and Secure Endpoints that are Vulnerable or Infected by WannaCry
- See Client Health demo: http://www2.adaptiva.com/client_health_demo.
- Learn more about Client Health: http://insights.adaptiva.com/client-health/.
- Client Health pricing starts at $12 per endpoint and can be installed within minutes.
Seattle, WA, May 15, 2017 – Adaptiva, the market leader in smart scaling systems management, today released a WannaCry Health Check Package to customers of the company’s endpoint health and security engine, Client Health™. The new health checks automatically detect and identify endpoints that are either vulnerable or have already been infected by the WannaCry ransomware outbreak that is sweeping the globe. They also contain remediation actions, which disable the Microsoft SMBv1 protocol on any potentially vulnerable machine to reduce the attack surface for this exploit and immediately secure the vulnerable devices.
The WannaCry outbreak is currently spreading rapidly around the world, infecting tens of thousands of organizations in more than 150 countries. The heavily weaponized exploit makes use of a security flaw that is present in multiple versions of Microsoft Windows, including some versions of Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016, and then aggressively spreads the attack to other computers. The scale of the damage from this outbreak is unprecedented with new variations of the exploit arising every day.
“Enterprises must rapidly respond to this new ransomware attack to stop the potential for wide-scale damage and loss of critical data,” said Dr. Deepak Kumar, CTO and founder of Adaptiva. “We created the WannaCry Health Check Package to arm Adaptiva’s Client Health customers with the tools they need to immediately assess the current and potential effects of WannaCry across all the devices in their enterprise.”
The WannaCry health checks also automatically secure any computer against the exploit and add vulnerable devices to a collection within Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr), so they can be quickly patched. Enterprises simply schedule to run the WannaCry health checks, and Adaptiva’s Client Health will take care of the rest.
The WannaCry Health Check Package contains the following components:
- WannaCry Infection Health Check – This check detects systems that have already been infected by WannaCry by conducting a comprehensive evaluation of Indicators of Compromise (IOC) for this exploit. Machines that fail this health check are already compromised and must be immediately quarantined. The business must then evaluate whether to reimage the affected systems or pay the ransom to retrieve data.
- WannaCry Vulnerability Assessment Health Check – This health check detects systems that are vulnerable to the WannaCry attack by evaluating whether the correct patches and system updates have been applied to the system. If a machine contains none of the specified patches, it is vulnerable to attack by WannaCry. System Administrators can easily update the patch list via a simple user interface to add additional patches to the health check as they become available. The health check will also add any systems identified as vulnerable to the appropriate ConfigMgr collection, so they can be quickly patched.
- WannaCry Vulnerability Remediation Action – This remediation action comes packaged with the Vulnerability Assessment Health Check. It will automatically disable the SMBv1 protocol on any machine identified as potentially vulnerable during the health check process and reboot it.
Pricing and Availability
Customers currently using Adaptiva’s Client Health can download the WannaCry Health Check Package from their support portal at no extra cost. They can then import the supplied file and immediately start using the package. This adds to the library of more than 75 other automated endpoint health and security health checks currently packaged as part of Client Health. Also included is a WorkFlow Designer and Engine, so enterprises can easily create their own custom health checks as new issues and security concerns arise.
Enterprises interested in using Adaptiva’s Client Health to accelerate and automate their IT department’s response to WannaCry can request a demo and more information at: http://www2.adaptiva.com/client_health_demo. Client Health pricing starts at $12 per endpoint, and the product can be installed in just minutes as a single agent. For more information on the Client Health, please visit: http://insights.adaptiva.com/client-health/.
Adaptiva is a leading, global provider of smart scaling, network aware IT systems management solutions, including OneSite™ and Client Health™, Adaptiva enables IT professionals to securely speed enterprise-wide software deployments without adding costly servers or throttling network bandwidth. The company’s breakthrough peer-to-peer systems management technology uses intelligence, automation, and bandwidth optimization techniques to distribute content faster than any other systems management solution available today. The company’s software is used by Fortune 500 companies and deployed on millions of devices in over 100 countries. Learn more at adaptiva.com, and follow the company at LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
# # #
OneSite and Client Health are trademarks of Adaptiva. All brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Tags: Adaptiva, Client Health, Health Check, WannaCry, ransomware, security, Microsoft SMBv1, Microsoft Windows, SCCM, ConfigMgr, System Center Configuration Manager