Some of the top enterprise systems management experts in the world recently joined forces in a lively roundtable discussion titled, “Accelerating Windows 10 OSD.” Luminaries included:
- Dan Richings, Director of Customer Experience, Adaptiva
- Jason Snook, Senior Product Manager, Flexera Software
- Michael Handley, IT Technical Consultant, Windows Management Experts
- Jay Parekh, Technology Executive, Netrix
The event, hosted by Adaptiva, is now available for viewing, and you can access the presentation as well.
In this session, you’ll learn about best practices for application readiness:
- Understand the application landscape to decide which business units can go to Windows 10 now, which should be scheduled later.
- Identify which applications are good candidates for consolidation, retirement, upgrade and conversion.
- Initiate and track progress of workflows for Windows 10 readiness.
You’ll gain practical guidance for infrastructure readiness:
- Check what you can do with your existing infrastructure and what may need upgrading/migration—now or in the future for Window 10.
- Evaluate strategic requirements for content location, and strategies for handling image delivery and keeping content up to date.
You’ll get valuable information on how to choose the right migration options:
- Decide between wipe-and-load, in-place upgrades, and provisioning—when to use each.
- Speed up the the most time-consuming part of migration.
- Tackle the PXE problem using new techniques and strategies.
That’s just a fraction of the topics packed into this dynamic session! Other Windows 10 migration discussion includes: user advocates, the need for speed, business continuity, self-service, visibility and control, and security.
To watch the video or download the presentation, click here.
Want to learn more about Rapid Windows 10 OSD and ask your own questions? Join me live in Part 2: Windows 10 Rapid Release Management: Tips and Strategies.