Company Ushers in the Future of Systems Management with IT Industry’s First Peer-to-Peer Cloud-based Content Distribution Engine
SEATTLE, WA – Sept. 21, 2016 — Adaptiva, the market leader in smart-scaling systems management, today unveiled OneSite 6.0, the IT industry’s first serverless option for distributing software from the cloud using Microsoft System Center Configuration (ConfigMgr) and Microsoft Azure. The product uses highly efficient peer-to-peer content sharing technology to enable enterprises to download software from the cloud only once and then distribute it from computer to computer at on-premise speeds. With OneSite 6.0, global enterprise IT departments can now enjoy the flexibility to deploy software from anywhere without the need for an on-site infrastructure.
Traditionally, deploying software and updates to computers across a global enterprise from the cloud can be slow and expensive. It often requires petabytes of data to be delivered to tens or even hundreds of thousands of computers across highly dispersed worldwide operating locations. OneSite 6.0 eliminates this barrier to cloud adoption by allowing content to be downloaded only once from the cloud. It then uses clients, rather than servers, to share the content locally from peer-to-peer to efficiently minimize network bandwidth usage, even when delivering content to 100,000 computers or more.
By 2020, Gartner predicts “cloud will increasingly be the default option for software deployment. The same is true for custom software, which increasingly is designed for some variation of public or private cloud.”1 Adaptiva’s recent cloud survey of more than 300 CIOs and IT pros confirms the assertion that, while many enterprises currently deploy software on-premises (70%), the overwhelming majority (86%) of respondents either use the cloud now or plan to do so at some point in the near future. Sixty-four percent of respondents cited the elimination of on-site infrastructure as the top advantage of moving to the cloud, and 58% felt that the cloud would make their IT jobs easier.
“Enterprises clearly want to move their systems management activities to the cloud, but are concerned about the demands and costs that high-volume, cloud-based software deployments would place on their networks,” said Deepak Kumar, founder and CTO of Adaptiva. “With OneSite 6.0, Adaptiva alleviates those fears and makes cloud-based systems management a reality for enterprises worldwide. We are the only company with the sophisticated peer-to-peer architecture required to deploy software from the cloud at the speed and scale that Fortune 500 companies demand.”
Designed with flexibility in mind, OneSite 6.0 offers IT professionals the option to work entirely on-premise, in a hybrid approach, or completely from the cloud for a 100% serverless software deployment capability. OneSite leverages Adaptiva’s dynamic bandwidth management capabilities and automation technologies to accelerate software delivery, without the use of hardware. It also eliminates the need for remote users to require VPN connectivity to secure and refresh their systems with the latest patches and software updates. OneSite 6.0 ensures enterprises can now deploy software from anywhere, to anywhere and move just a little of their infrastructure to the cloud, or all of it.
Key features of Adaptiva OneSite 6.0 include:
- Microsoft Azure Certified: OneSite 6.0 will be certified using Microsoft Azure and support a variety of private and public cloud providers going forward, including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and IBM Cloud. This enables IT administrators to immediately take advantage of their existing dedicated high-speed cloud connections to deploy and update software.
- Windows 10 Deployment Control Features: IT professionals gain increased content control with automated cloud to on-premise pre-staging of content, such as Windows 10 deployment images as well as applications and patches. OneSite customers can also use the product’s LiveFlow™ feature to view, pause, reprioritize, or cancel any cloud-initiated software delivery in real time.
- Office-to-office Transfer Capabilities: When content is not available locally at an office, OneSite will obtain it from the nearest logical peer-to-peer storage point on the WAN. OneSite will never go to the cloud again if the content has already been downloaded once—even when there are no servers on site.
- Remote Worker Enablement: OneSite eliminates the need for remote users to create a VPN connection to their corporate network to access software and updates. Remote workers can go directly to the cloud and not have to use internal network routes and costly bandwidth to keep their software updated.
- Advanced Cloud Security: Adaptiva has added four-layers of cloud security, including basic SSL security, secure key exchange, tamper-proofing, and transfer at-rest encryption for maximum security protection during software distribution.
Adaptiva will be demonstrating OneSite 6.0 at their booth #910 and at Dr. Deepak Kumar’s speaking session at the Microsoft Ignite Conference in Atlanta, from September 26-30th. To learn more about OneSite 6.0, request a demo at insights.adaptiva.com/onesite and download Adaptiva’s datasheet on cloud software deployment.
Adaptiva is a leading, global provider of IT systems management solutions that advance the power of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). Founded in 2004 by the lead architect of Microsoft SMS 2003, Adaptiva enables IT professionals to securely speed enterprise-wide software deployments without adding costly servers or throttling network bandwidth. The company’s breakthrough peer-to-peer systems management technology uses intelligence, automation, and bandwidth optimization techniques to distribute content faster than any other systems management solution available today. Adaptiva’s suite of smart scaling systems management products includes OneSite™ for rapid content distribution and management, Client Health™ for endpoint security, troubleshooting, and remediation, and Green Planet™ for energy-efficient power management and patching. The company’s software is used by Fortune 500 companies and deployed on millions of devices in over 100 countries. Learn more at adaptiva.com.
1 Gartner Press Release, Gartner Says By 2020, a Corporate “No-Cloud” Policy Will Be as Rare as a “No-Internet” Policy Is Today, http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/3354117.
# # #
Barokas Public Relations for Adaptiva