New Version of SCCM Add-On Meets Needs of the Largest Global Enterprises; Lineup of New Features includes WAN Pause/Resume, NetBoost, and Tool Foundry
BELLEVUE, WA–(Marketwired – May 8, 2014) – Adaptiva, a leading provider of add-ons for Microsoft’s System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), today announced a new version of the company’s proven flagship SCCM solution, OneSite 4.0. In addition to improving WAN performance and delivering even greater scalability, OneSite provides support for Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) to fully leverage Windows 8 environments. Adaptiva’s Tool Foundry provides a rich visual scripting engine for systems management that enables administrators to seamlessly integrate OneSite with current business processes.
Adaptiva OneSite enables large enterprises with multiple offices around the globe to run SCCM with less effort, infrastructure cost, and time from IT staff. This makes new SCCM installations significantly easier to justify, and improves existing SCCM installations. As part of the OneSite 4.0 release, organizations benefit from lower network latency, an advanced caching file system, and enterprise class, secure P2P capabilities.
Since its release in 2011, Adaptiva’s award-winning OneSite has become the solution of choice for Fortune 500 companies and global financial institutions for installations as large as 400,000 systems. From 2012 to 2013 alone, OneSite revenue grew by 230 percent, with 1.4 million new seats sold in 2013 — reflecting the massive scale of deployments in key verticals like healthcare, finance, and manufacturing.
In addition to OneSite’s Tool Foundry and Windows 8 UEFI support, version 4.0 includes the following new capabilities:
- WAN Pause/Resume: Uniquely available in OneSite 4.0, allows administrators to instantly pause/resume all SCCM WAN traffic at the push of a button.
- NetBoost: Improves performance and ensures responsiveness across narrow bandwidth WAN connections by allowing administrators to specify a guaranteed network response time. NetBoost accelerates OneSite’s ability to rapidly move SCCM content while ensuring zero impact to business traffic as well as an excellent user experience.
- Predictive Bandwidth Harvesting with Flow Equalizer: Allows SCCM to deliver multiple packages simultaneously in a single network flow, instead of multiple flows, dramatically advancing the state of peer-to-peer technology.
Enterprise Class, Secure P2P
- P2P PXE: Now, infinitely scalable, serving unlimited concurrent OS images from different sources.
- Zero Footprint Caching: Adaptiva’s proprietary caching file system offers greater scalability up to millions of files and hundreds of gigabytes
— with no performance degradation — to meet the needs of the largest enterprises.
- Content Push with IntelliStage and AutoStage: OneSite efficiently pre-stages colossal packages from across the WAN while consuming fewer client resources. IntelliStage automatically selects the best-suited machines at every site to store the content. AutoStage populates and perpetually maintains multiple copies of the content, ensuring redundancy and load balancing.
“OneSite meets the needs of the world’s largest organizations, with single installations running on hundreds of thousands of clients in tens of thousands of locations,” said Deepak Kumar, CTO and founder of Adaptiva. “The scalability and performance improvements in version 4.0 are in direct response to the needs expressed by these large enterprises, enabling them with everything they require to manage systems on a vast, global scale.”
For more information on OneSite, please visit: http://adaptiva.com/onesite/
Founded in 2004 by the lead architect of Microsoft SMS 2003, Adaptiva has grown into a leading global provider of IT systems management solutions for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). Adaptiva extends SCCM to run with no infrastructure and provide faster worldwide content delivery — without impacting WAN traffic or end-user systems. Adaptiva’s suite of SCCM add-ins automatically diagnoses and repairs problems with clients and servers, and intelligently reduces IT power consumption. Adaptiva software is deployed on millions of devices in over 60 countries, and is sold directly and through a network of partners and channel resellers. Learn more at adaptiva.com, email or call 425.823.4500.
Media Contact Richard L. Tso Barokas Public Relations for Adaptiva 206.456.9630