Server-Less App-V Streaming and Virtual SAN Top List of Features Adaptiva will Showcase at TechEd North America
TechEd 2013–New Orleans—June 3, 2013 –Adaptiva, the award-winning provider of IT efficiency solutions, today announced it will be unveiling a new edition of its award-winning IT Systems Management Software Suite for Microsoft® System Center 2012 Configuration Manager (SCCM) at the TechEd North America conference in New Orleans. These updates come on the heels of an IDC survey, where nearly half (44 percent) of businesses said they plan to increase spending in software systems designed to increase efficiency. Adaptiva helps CIOs and system administrators streamline the inefficient process of managing IT networks.
The Adaptiva IT Systems Management Software Suite provides system administrators the ability to manage their entire network with a single server, workbench and client agent. Once the Adaptiva agent is downloaded, users can activate each product by simply entering a license key in the Adaptiva Workbench, eliminating the additional deployment costs and delays of implementing separate software pieces. This creates additional IT efficiencies, and removes the need to manage multiple products with separate agents or user interface consoles from multiple vendors.
The suite consists of Adaptiva OneSite, Client Health and Green Planet. Adaptiva OneSite efficiently delivers any content anywhere anytime with no network impact, while Client Health identifies and resolves troubled devices and Green Planet manages PC power consumption without unplugging users. By automating the way these daily operations are conducted, Adaptiva increases IT efficiency and reduces PC energy consumption, a growing concern particularly for organizations where networks are complex, and spread out over WANs, and energy costs are high.
The suite offers key customer-driven product enhancements that seamlessly integrate with Microsoft SCCM 2012, including:
- Adaptive Protocol: Content is automatically distributed using harvested network bandwidth, protecting the WAN links and ensuring rapid content replication across global networks
- Caching File System: Data is cached on client machines using an advanced caching file system which harvests unused storage
- Enhanced Virtual SAN: Unlimited storage is created in each network location by combining individual client caches. Previous versions of OneSite offered a read-only virtual SAN. Now the Virtual SAN is read/write capable, eliminating the need for a State Migration Point in OSD migrations by utilizing OneSite’s virtual SAN technology. Admins can back up the settings and user data using OneSite’s virtual SAN, format and install the operating system. OSDs are no fuss.
- Native P2P App-V Streaming: With App-V streaming, the app is streamed via a server. Since OneSite eliminates the need for server infrastructure, we have created a solution: Native P2P App-V Streaming. Native App-V Streaming leverages OneSite’s Peer-to-Peer content delivery without the need for distribution points.
- Business Process Integration: A workflow engine and designer built in, allowing organizations to customize and integrate it within their business processes
- Full 64-bit Support: A complete 64-bit support for highest possible performance and scale
“As large corporations make the switch from doing nothing at all or using older IT efficiency suites to our new platform, they’re achieving far greater economies while delivering better business process integration, security, scalability and resilience across their networks,” said Deepak Kumar, CTO and founder of Adaptiva. “The integration of Adaptiva capabilities in a single platform is a testament to the power of our software and the overall value customers are achieving across all three products. The next round of efficiencies will come from cutting edge technology, and we’re happy that leading Fortune 500 corporations are embracing the Adaptiva platform to achieve these.”
For a full list of product suite capabilities and features, please visit: http://adaptiva.com/whats-new.html.
Founded in 2004, Adaptiva is a leader in IT systems management software, extending the functionality of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager for enterprises across the globe. Adaptiva’s software suite and underlying platform optimizes existing IT assets for content delivery, PC power management and client health. Adaptiva’s software transforms traditional server based systems management infrastructures into lean peer-to-peer networks that are resilient, highly scalable, and optimize content distribution – delivering significantly lower costs and higher return on investment of existing systems. A Microsoft Gold Partner, Adaptiva is deployed on more than 2 million devices in over 14 countries, and is sold directly, and through a network of partners and channel resellers. Learn more at adaptiva.com, email info (at) adaptiva (dot) com or call 425.823.4500. Follow Adaptiva on Facebook and Twitter.