Software Updates Further Improve and Accelerate IT Operations
SEATTLE – January 31, 2012 – Adaptiva, a leading provider of IT efficiency and PC power management solutions, today announced the release of customer-driven product enhancements to the Adaptiva Software Suite. These updates accelerate the financial and IT efficiency benefits of Adaptiva’s enterprise-class software and include VPN support, simplified process for merging offices, additional virtualization and multi- and auto-push content, tool improvements and additional client health checks.
“Adaptiva develops and maintains strong partnerships with our clients where we collaborate to generate even greater value for our IT efficiency and PC power management software suite,” said Dr. Deepak Kumar, president and chief technology officer at Adaptiva. “These enhancements are the result of an open dialogue and further demonstrate Adaptiva’s commitment to consistently deliver a simple, elegant and mature best-in-class solution.”
Adaptiva OneSite Enhancements
- VPN Support. System administrators can now create or mark an office as a VPN in the Network Topology Perspective. Clients falling within the VPN offices will produce appropriate network behaviors.
- Simplified Office Merging. Merging smaller subnet offices into a large office was a manual process. Now this function can be performed directly from the Network Topology Perspective with a few simple clicks resulting in even more efficient network bandwidth usage.
- Additional Virtualization. Virtualized object explorers provide a faster user interface (UI) startup. Microsoft ConfigMgr collections, packages and offices are now virtual. This accelerates the speed required to load these objects in the Workbench creating a smoother administrative experience—even if there are thousands of objects.
- OneSite Downloader Tool Improvements. A completely asynchronous and multi-threaded version of the tool is now available, which allows dozens of ConfigMgr packages to be resolved concurrently, accelerating the OS image deployment operation. In addition, the asynchronous discovery count can be controlled by administrator, enabling the ability to precisely tune the level of multithreading required.
- Multi- and Auto-Push Content. Content push policy now has the power to perform multiple content pushes. It also performs auto content pushes when content changes after it is created.
- Content Push for OSD Task Sequences. Administrators can now drag and drop an entire Task Sequence into a Content Push policy, leading to the pre-staging of all the images, packages, software updates and all other content that is required for the Task Sequence to execute across the WAN. This allows Operating System Deployment to be performed in remote branch offices, without requiring any server infrastructure or local IT staff.
Adaptiva Client Health Enhancements
Two new health checks to Client Health Explorer: BITS service startup failing and WSUS service missing. The addition of these health checks further completes the comprehensive scheduled or instant health checks performed by Adaptiva Client Health.
For more information on these enhancements, visit the Adaptiva website at http://adaptiva.com/release-1-31-12 or blog at http://adaptiva.com/blog/?p=189.
Founded in 2004, Adaptiva is a leader in innovative IT efficiency and PC power management software solutions. A Microsoft Partner, Adaptiva extends Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager providing revolutionary hierarchy simplification, client health assurance and PC power management. Adaptiva helps users decrease the environmental impact of desktop computing, increase desktop manageability and end-user productivity, and significantly reduce the cost of ownership for IT operations. Adaptiva solutions leverage existing IT resources to enhance the operation of Configuration Manager without disrupting service to end-users. Adaptiva is deployed on more than 1 million devices in over 14 countries, and is sold directly and through a network of partners and channel resellers. Learn more at adaptiva.com, email or call 425.823.4500.